Drinking diet is one of the most effective, but also controversial, weight loss techniques. The purpose of the diet is not only to reduce weight, but also to cleanse the body, as well as reduce the volume of the stomach.
Drinking diet rules
True to its name, the drinking diet involves completely avoiding solid foods for a whole month. If the diet is followed correctly, severe hunger should not be felt, since the amount of food and the number of calories the body needs for life are not limited by the rules.
What is the essence of a drinking diet? Everything is very simple. All solid products are replaced with liquid products. You can drink as much as you like, or rather as much as it takes to satisfy your hunger. Some rules should be clarified:
- Firstly, on a diet it is forbidden not only to consume solid food, but also to chew, in principle. It is recommended that you give up chewing gum, and there is a reason for that. According to the drinking diet system, the stomach is given 30 days to rest. And while chewing gum, the stomach reflexively triggers the same procedure for digesting food. Only in this case there is no food in it, which means that it begins to digest itself, which threatens with many acute diseases of the digestive system.
- Secondly, in addition to the fluids that enter the body instead of food, it is imperative to drink 1. 5-2 liters of water per day. This amount of water speeds up metabolism. In addition, water maintains excellent skin condition.
- Thirdly, you cannot keep a drinking diet for more than 30 days. Long-term adherence to this diet can lead not only to various diseases of the digestive system, but also to a decrease in the body's immunity as a whole.
Effectiveness of a drinking diet
It is due to its effectiveness that the diet has become widespread. The creators of the diet promise weight loss from 10 to 15 kilograms per month!
However, doctors are very wary of this diet. They believe that such a prolonged rejection of solid food has an extremely negative effect on the digestive system, breaking the normal rhythm of its work developed over millennia.
In addition, a drinking diet has many contraindications. If you have any chronic diseases, be sure to consult your doctor before starting it.
In order not to bring great harm to health, doctors recommend using a drinking diet not for a long time, but as fasting days, 1-2 days (not in a row! ) A week.
Foods allowed on a drinking diet
What kind of foods should you consume? Unlike other diets, drinking does not have a definitely established menu, which means that all foods that can be drunk, but not chewed, are allowed, at the discretion of everyone. And, of course, you should strive to make your food as varied as possible during this diet.
Usually, the diet is based on the following products: dairy and fermented milk (kefir, drinking yoghurts, milk, fermented baked milk, milkshakes), juices and nectars, broths (meat, fish or vegetable), tea, coffee. It is advisable to eliminate or reduce sugar intake.
However, not all drinkable foods are allowed on the diet. So, alcohol is strictly prohibited. It should be noted that alcohol is prohibited in almost all diets, because it contributes to the set of extra pounds, and not their loss.
Also, there are disputes over some products. One of these products is smoothies. A smoothie is a fruit or vegetable cocktail. At the same time, smoothies from some products are liquid and drink very well, and from some they are very thick, almost like mashed potatoes. Hence the obvious rule: liquid smoothies on a drinking diet can be consumed without restrictions, but thick ones should be avoided.
There are many smoothie recipes, each of which is aimed at obtaining a specific group of vitamins. Preparation requires the ingredients for the desired shake and a blender. Smoothie preparation is very simple and accessible to everyone. All ingredients are peeled, pitted and ground with a blender until smooth.
Several recipes for healthy smoothies:
- Orange + grapefruit + lemon. This cocktail promotes weight loss, thanks to the grapefruit in its composition, which is a popular fat burner. Also, a citrus blend can easily help you regain strength after a hard day.
- Grapefruit + apple. Also aimed at weight loss.
- Orange + ginger + cucumber. Cucumber improves skin color and moisture. Ginger adds a unique flavor and aids in fat burning.
- Strawberry + banana + mint + lime. Satisfies the feeling of hunger, having a small calorie content. Refreshes well on a hot day
Getting out of the drinking diet
Like any other diet, a drinking diet requires getting out of it properly. The withdrawal from the drinking diet should last at least 20 days. Gradually, you need to accustom the stomach to soft foods, then to cereals, mashed potatoes, and then to solid foods.